[ home / feedback / purposes / documents / countries / get a price / preparation / blog ]
[ this page: email / print / ]

Translators & Interpreters

Official documents and legal procedures by country


Here are the all the details we have for Romania:

Consular Section of the Embassy of Romania

Arundel House 4 Palace Green London W8 4QD
Tel: (020) 7937 4675
Email: roemb@copperstream.co.uk
Web: www.roemb.co.uk
Open Mon-Fri: 0900-1700

Source: Foreign Embassies in the UK at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office web site.

British Embassy Consular Section

British Embassy, 24 Jules Michelet 010463 Bucharest, Romania
Tel: Visa (40) (21) 201 7300 Main (40) (21) 201 7200
Email: Press.Bucharest@fco.gov.uk
Web: www.britishembassy.gov.uk/romania
Open Local Time: Mon-Thurs: 0830-1700; Fri: 0830-1330 (local time)

Source: UK Embassies Abroad at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office web site.

Wedding Information

Get an idea of cost for a certified translation on the get a price page.

To get married in this country you will need to bring your original documents and photocopies thereof. English is not an official language of this country, so you will probably need a translation of the following documents to get married:

+ Statutory Declarations
Certificate of No Impediment, stamped and sealed by a solicitor or Notary Public. Valid for 3 months from date of issue.
Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage; authenticated by the Diplomatic Mission of the UK in Romania.
+ Birth Certificate
Full birth certificate of both bride and groom required.
With certified translation into Romanian.
+ Decree Absolute
If divorced, provide with a court stamp. An additional copy is usually required.
+ Spouse's Death Certificate
If widowed, former spouse's Death Certificate and previous Marriage Certificate.


+ Passport
Valid 10-year passport of both bride and groom required.
A copy is required.

Other notes:

+ Medical certificate attesting the state of health with particular remark that the foreign national is medically fit for marriage

More information can be found on the embassy's Web page on weddings.

Marriages abroad are recognised by UK law only if they were were conducted in accordance with the local law of the country - although it cannot be registered at a UK register office. If there is any doubt about the legality, contact the Home Office before making any arrangements.

Seek advice from your GP in case you require any vaccinations or medical advice at least 3 months before departure date.

Hague Convention

Romania is a member of the Hague Convention, so any official documents legalised by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London should be valid.

Source: Member States of the Hague Convention at the Hague Conference on Private International Law web site.


If you have any useful experiences we could share with our clients, we would love to hear from you! Please tell us using the feedback form and in time we will add it to the Certificate Translator site.

Kind words from our clients ...

I would like to just say a big thank you for your help, I was feeling pretty stressed about having to get the certificates translated as it was all new to me, but you have made it so easy. So thank you!

Joanna, Chester, England, 26 Feb 2008

Source: http://certificatetranslator.co.uk/countries.asp?country=ro

TransAction Translators Ltd,
10 Fentonville Street, Sheffield. S11 8BB. UK.

Email: transaction@transaction.co.uk   Phone: +44 (0)114 266 1103

© 1998-2022 TransAction Translators Ltd - All rights reserved

Legal Disclaimer: TransAction bears no responsibility for the contents herein or the content of any third-party websites. Information has been gathered from various sources and therefore its validity is not certain, though the utmost has been done to ensure correctness. Use of this material denotes your acceptance of these conditions.

TransAction is a member of the Association of Translation Companies (UK)
Association of
Translation Companies (UK)