[ home / feedback / purposes / documents / countries / get a price / preparation / blog ]
[ this page: email / print / ]

Translators & Interpreters

Official documents and legal procedures by country


Here are the all the details we have for Thailand:

Consular Section of the Royal Thai Embassy

29–30 Queen’s Gate London SW7 5JB
Tel: (020) 7589 2944 ext 117
Email: thaiduto@btinternet.com

Source: Foreign Embassies in the UK at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office web site.

British Embassy Consular Section

British Embassy 14 Wireless Road Lumpini, Pathumwan Bangkok 10330
Tel: (66) (2) 305 2229 Consular information
Email: info.bangkok@fco.gov.uk
Web: www.britishembassy.gov.uk/thailand
Open Consular Section: Mon-Thurs: 0800-1100 & 1300-1530; Fri: 0800-1200 (local time)

Source: UK Embassies Abroad at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office web site.

Wedding Information

Get an idea of cost for a certified translation on the get a price page.

To get married in this country you will need to bring your original documents and photocopies thereof. English is not an official language of this country, so you will probably need a translation of the following documents to get married:

+ Statutory Declarations
Certificate of No Impediment, stamped and sealed by a solicitor or Notary Public. Valid for 3 months from date of issue.
+ Birth Certificate
Full birth certificate of both bride and groom required.
+ Decree Absolute
If divorced, provide with a court stamp. An additional copy is usually required.
A divorce must have taken place at least 12 months previously.
+ Spouse's Death Certificate
If widowed, former spouse's Death Certificate and previous Marriage Certificate.
Together with previous marriage certificate
+ Proof of Change of Name
Proof that has been stamped and signed by a solicitor is required if either party has changed their name by deed poll or statutory declaration. This also applies if a previously married woman has reverted to using her maiden name.
+ Adoption Certificate
If either party was adopted, adoption certificate is required.

Other details required for legal statements include:

+ Full Names
Bride and groom's full names.
+ Addresses
Bride and groom's full addresses.
+ Occupations
Bride and groom's occupations.


+ Residency
Minimum residency period, excluding day of arrival, in working days.
4 days.
+ Passport
Valid 10-year passport of both bride and groom required.
+ Parental Consent
Notarised Statutory Declaration or Affidavit. Required if under 18, unless otherwise stated.
Parental consent is required if a party is under 20 years of age.
If under 20, in the form of a signed and stamped declaration from a solicitor.

Other notes:

+ Addresses of employers

Marriages abroad are recognised by UK law only if they were were conducted in accordance with the local law of the country - although it cannot be registered at a UK register office. If there is any doubt about the legality, contact the Home Office before making any arrangements.

Seek advice from your GP in case you require any vaccinations or medical advice at least 3 months before departure date.


If you have any useful experiences we could share with our clients, we would love to hear from you! Please tell us using the feedback form and in time we will add it to the Certificate Translator site.

Kind words from our clients ...

You have done a fantastic job on the certificate, I think it is great.

Mark, Leeds, England, 8 Oct 2008

Source: http://certificatetranslator.co.uk/countries.asp?country=th

TransAction Translators Ltd,
10 Fentonville Street, Sheffield. S11 8BB. UK.

Email: transaction@transaction.co.uk   Phone: +44 (0)114 266 1103

© 1998-2022 TransAction Translators Ltd - All rights reserved

Legal Disclaimer: TransAction bears no responsibility for the contents herein or the content of any third-party websites. Information has been gathered from various sources and therefore its validity is not certain, though the utmost has been done to ensure correctness. Use of this material denotes your acceptance of these conditions.

TransAction is a member of the Association of Translation Companies (UK)
Association of
Translation Companies (UK)