[ home / feedback / purposes / documents / countries / get a price / preparation / blog ]
[ this page: email / print / ]

Translators & Interpreters

Official documents and legal procedures by country


Here are the all the details we have for Ukraine:

Consular Section of the Embassy of Ukraine

60 Holland Park London W11 3SJ
Tel: (020) 7243 8923
Email: emb_gb@mfa.gov.ua
Web: www.ukremb.org.uk

Source: Foreign Embassies in the UK at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office web site.

Wedding Information

Get an idea of cost for a certified translation on the get a price page.

To get married in this country you will need to bring your original documents and photocopies thereof. English is not an official language of this country, so you will probably need a translation of the following documents to get married:

+ Statutory Declarations
Certificate of No Impediment, stamped and sealed by a solicitor or Notary Public. Valid for 3 months from date of issue.
Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage; Notarised by the Consular Section of the Ukrainian Embassy or Ukrainian Notary Public.
+ Birth Certificate
Full birth certificate of both bride and groom required.
+ Decree Absolute
If divorced, provide with a court stamp. An additional copy is usually required.
Notarised by the Consular Section of the Ukrainian Embassy in London or Ukrainian Notary Public.
+ Spouse's Death Certificate
If widowed, former spouse's Death Certificate and previous Marriage Certificate.
Notarised by the Consular Section of the Ukrainian Embassy in London or Ukrainian Notary Public.


+ Passport
Valid 10-year passport of both bride and groom required.
Main page of the passport.

Legalisation of all documents is required either at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office or the consulate of the country you are visiting. More information can be found on the embassy's Web page on weddings.

Marriages abroad are recognised by UK law only if they were were conducted in accordance with the local law of the country - although it cannot be registered at a UK register office. If there is any doubt about the legality, contact the Home Office before making any arrangements.

Seek advice from your GP in case you require any vaccinations or medical advice at least 3 months before departure date.

Hague Convention

Ukraine is a member of the Hague Convention, so any official documents legalised by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London should be valid.

Source: Member States of the Hague Convention at the Hague Conference on Private International Law web site.


If you have any useful experiences we could share with our clients, we would love to hear from you! Please tell us using the feedback form and in time we will add it to the Certificate Translator site.

Kind words from our clients ...

Thank you very much ... A good fast and efficient service … I will be happy to recommend you to anyone who needs a translator

Jamie, Altillec, France, 14 Aug 2008

Source: http://certificatetranslator.co.uk/countries.asp?country=ua

TransAction Translators Ltd,
10 Fentonville Street, Sheffield. S11 8BB. UK.

Email: transaction@transaction.co.uk   Phone: +44 (0)114 266 1103

© 1998-2021 TransAction Translators Ltd - All rights reserved

Legal Disclaimer: TransAction bears no responsibility for the contents herein or the content of any third-party websites. Information has been gathered from various sources and therefore its validity is not certain, though the utmost has been done to ensure correctness. Use of this material denotes your acceptance of these conditions.

TransAction is a member of the Association of Translation Companies (UK)
Association of
Translation Companies (UK)